Parker Team Homes
46 Easy ways to help your home sell faster!
Aside from having Purdue University items around your house here are 46 other tips to help your home stand out from the real estate competition!
1. Open the blinds and let in the sunlight.
2. Create a positive mood by turning on the lights (day or night) and install higher wattage light bulbs.
3. Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating.
5. Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
6. Replace the carpet if it doesn’t clean up well.
7. Have a family “Game Plan” to get the home in order quickly if necessary.
8. If possible, air out your home one-half hour before showings.
9. Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyers arrive.
10. Put family photos in storage.
11. Improve traffic flow in each room by removing unnecessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area.
13. Putty over and paint any nail holes in the walls.
14. Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten up the home.
15. Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures.
17. Wash all windows inside and out.
18. Use plants in transitional areas of your home.
19. Make the most of your attic’s potential.
20. Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to notice (walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.).
21. Remove and or hide extension cords and exposed wires.
22. Remove all smoke and pet odors.
23. Repair or replace banisters and handrails.
24. Microwave a small dish of vanilla 20 minutes before a showing and hide it in an out-of-the-way place.
25. Highlight an eat-in area of your kitchen and set the table.
26. Keep the kitchen and bathrooms spotlessly clean.
27. Expand your counter space by removing unnecessary items.
28. Create a master suite effect in your decorating.
29. Depersonalize bedrooms.
30. Make sure that beds are made.
31. Organize closets to make them look as big as possible.
32. Wipe down sinks and showers.
33. Re-caulk around the tub.
34. Repair or replace broken tiles.
35. Replace shower curtains and keep them clean.
36. Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times.
37. Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkways, and patio.
38. Remove toys and other items from laying in the yard.
39. Sweep porches, steps, and patios.
40. Paint all entrance doors.
41. Make sure the garage door opens easily.
42. Clean and shine all hardware and accessories (door knobs, lamps, mailbox, etc.)
43. Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and neat.
44. Use a new doormat.
45. Be sure the front doorbell is in good working order.
46. Be sure the front door and screen door work perfectly.
Kirby has lived in Indiana his whole life and has been an agent with Parker Team Homes since 2011. You can contact him directly at (765)421-1562.