Buying A Home Step By Step..
1. Getting Approved - The first step to buying a home is finding out what you can comfortably afford. To save your time this is a very important step to complete before scheduling showings.
2. Searching Online - Now that you know what you can afford you're ready to begin actively searching. Once you
provide some criteria you'd like to have (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, yard size, location, etc..) your Parker Team realtor will keep you updated with new listings the same day they come on the market.
3. Scheduling Showings - You've found a few homes you're interested in and want to check them out in person. Contact us with a date and time you'd like to see them. Keep in mind there are other buyers actively looking, so if you're interested in one, schedule the showing as soon as possible. After each home you see remember to take notes so you can remember details that will help make your decision. Try to keep your search to a max of 10 properties otherwise it may be difficult to remember which homes are the best fit for you.
4. Making an Offer - You've found a home and are ready to make the sellers an offer. We will provide you with recent comparable home sales to make sure you are offering a fair price. Once the price is agreed upon you will have an accepted offer and will need to provide the earnest money. (Money held in an escrow account until closing)
5. Inspections - Congratulations! You've got an accepted offer on your soon to be new home. Before going through with the sale we recommend getting your home inspected to make sure there are no major defects or safety concerns. Contact us for anything involving the inspection process. After the inspection you can ask for certain items to be repaired or replaced. Keep in mind inspectors will find stuff wrong with every home. Try to focus on the more expensive repairs rather than the minor issues.
6. Appraisal - Your lender will have the home appraised to make sure their company can approve the loan.
7. Closing - You've had a final walk through and are confident to go through with the sale. Your agent will meet with you at a title company to have you complete the necessary paperwork. Once the papers are signed you'll get the keys to your new home!
Kirby has lived in Indiana his whole life and has been an agent with Parker Team Homes since 2011. You can contact him directly at (765)421-1562.