1. Switch to LED Lighting - These bulbs are a little more expensive up front. However they last longer and are more energy efficient.
2. Install Insulation - Having insulation installed in your attic and on exterior walls can significantly reduce your energy usage and save you money!
3. Apply Caulk To Windows - Applying caulk around the exterior of windows will help prevent future leaks that can be costly and even require window replacement.
4. Clear Debris From A/C Unit - Use a leaf blower to help clear debris from your a/c unit. This simple step can save you an estimated 10-15% on energy costs!
5. Have Your Home Inspected - Every 3-5 years hire a home inspector. This will help find minor defects before they turn to major ones. Having everything in working order will help out when it comes time for resale as well.
Kirby Parker has lived in West Lafayette since 2001 and has been selling residential real estate at Keller Williams Realty for the last 12 years.