1. The very first distance automobile race in the United States was held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 30th, 1911.
2. Santa Claus, IN actually receives hundreds of thousands of letters each year around the holidays. Who responds to all of them!?
3. "The Land of the Indians" has less than 9,000 native americans currently living there.
4. Although there are bears pretty much surrounding the state there has only been one bear sighting in 144 years! There are bears in Ohio, Kentucky, and Michigan but for some reason they don't like the Hoosier state.
5. The weather is well known for being absolutely unpredictable. In parts of the year you could be playing golf in shorts and the next day seeing snow flurries.
6. There are a lot of celebrities that are from the state including Michael Jackson, David Letterman, Larry Bird, James Dean, Axl Rose, and Colonel Sanders.
7. Indiana is home to the world's largest peach. The giant fruit is 20' tall!
8. Wolf Park in Tippecanoe County has a "howl night" where people are invited to come howl with wolves.
9. The city of Wabash was the first electrically lighted city in the world.
10. The very first professional baseball game was played in Fort Wayne.
Lafayette Real Estate Blog
Kirby has lived in Indiana his whole life and has been an agent with Parker Team Homes since 2011. You can contact him directly at (765)421-1562.