Sitting at home and wanting to get out of the house? Here are ten things to do to explore Tippecanoe County!
1. Go to a Purdue University sporting event! There are lots of advantages sharing your home town with a great college. Currently ranked in the top ten, Purdue men's basketball is undefeated and it's exciting to watch them compete in a packed house. Throughout the year there are many other events to see such as football, baseball, volleyball and wrestling.
2. Go exploring in Prophetstown state park! It is Indiana's newest state park and very well maintained. Like other state parks there are walking/biking trails, playgrounds and campsites. Recently they've added a water park that is always a good time for both adults and kids.
3. Go to People's Brewing Company! They usually have 10-12 beers that are brewed here locally. Some of their beers are featured in restaurants, bars and retail stores throughout Indiana.
4. Go to Wolf Park! As you might guess this park is dedicated to the conservation of wolves. They offer tours, kids camps and other fun programs. On 75 acres of land and just a short drive from town this park is definitely worth checking out.
5. Get tickets for the annual Taste of Tippecanoe! Once a year many local restaurants set up booths along with live music and usually a firework show at night. If you're new to town this is a great event to attend and find out what restaurants you might want to try.
6. Go golfing! There are many fun and challenging golf courses. To name a few there's the West Lafayette Country Club, Coyote Crossing, Battle Ground Golf Course, Edwood Glen Country Club, The Ravines and Lafayette Country Club. Some of these courses are award winning and are sure to be a good time on a nice day.
7. Check out local Art Galleries! There are multiple impressive art galleries in town that are worth checking out. To name a few there's the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette, Artists' Own, China Art Gallery, Fountain Gallery, Purdue University Gallery and many more. Check out the link at the bottom for more information.
8. Explore the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum! Learn about the 1811 Battle of Tippecanoe. This National Historic Landmark is located in Battle Ground on 96 acres and has lots to offer. Throughout the property you'll see picnic areas, a nature center and scenic hiking trails.
9. Take the kids to Imagination Station! This is a fun place to learn about science, space, technology and engineering. There's activities and interactive exhibits to educate kids while they're having fun.
10. Check out the Colombian Park Zoo! Everyone is sure to have a good time at one of the oldest zoos in Indiana. You'll be able to see over 190 animals and learn about all of the interesting wildlife. There's also educational programs, a gift shop, butterfly garden, petting zoo and cool outdoor art.
You can learn more about all of these topics at Lafayette / West Lafayette's website.
Kirby has lived in Indiana his whole life and has been an agent with Parker Team Homes since 2011. You can contact him directly at (765)421-1562.